Italian Chandelier Style Guide – Top 5 Italian Chandelier Style
When someone talks about Italian chandelier style or Venetian chandelier style, the person usually refers to glass chandeliers made in the island of Murano, Italy. The particularity of these chandeliers are that they are hand blown and made according to the 700 years of glass blowing tradition in Murano.
These Murano glass chandeliers embody the perfect alliance of Italian art and beauty, as expressed by glass artists who have attained complete mastery of their craft. These luxurious artworks can be infused with gold or silver and can be made in any size and color.
The top 5 Italian chandelier style are:
1. Classic Venetian Glass Chandelier
- The Classic Venetian Glass Chandelier style is usually the one seen in Hollywood movies. These chandeliers usually consist of 18 lights or more (the bigger the more impressive) and are infused with gold or silver (to add a touch of luxury).
2. Murano Glass Candle Chandelier
- The Murano Glass Candle Chandelier style is a classical style, which can get a modern interpretation (as displayed in the picture). Unorthodox design and color combinations give a modern feel to the glass candle chandelier for the modern and luxurious living.
3. Murano Glass Shade Chandelier
- The Murano Glass Shade Chandelier style is a classical style, which can get a modern interpretation by changing the color of the glass and shade (as displayed in the picture). For a classical look add sheer shade to a simple crystal chandelier to create a beautiful layered look.
4. Murano Glass Flower Chandelier
- The Murano Glass Flower Chandelier style is a classical style with a touch of romance thanks to its beautifully designed delicate flowers. The great attention to details and the romantic nature make these chandeliers an ideal addition to master bedroom or boudoir.
5. Murano Glass Leaf Chandelier
- The Murano Glass Leaf Chandelier style is a classical style characterized by delicate leaf cravings. When the beautifully diffused light shines through a cluster of cast glass leaves, the chandelier adds a subtle touch of luxury to the entryways and hallways.